dimanche 23 février 2020

The backdrop is on the way. Part 1

Just a quick post to show the progress done on the backdrop. My backdrop base is made directly on the plaster wall rounded on three angle of the room with a coating. My problem for some years was that the initial base was ruined by an attempt at doing something that, at first, looked pretty good. But when the definitive lighting was installed, the result was awful and very grainy. I'am not so skilled to do this kind of coating as I want a reallly smooth one. So doing some trackage or scenery on the layout halted for years due to this poor backdrop and the need of having it completely redone. At last, by chance, I've find the right person to do so. And he redo the coating like a pro with a nearly glass smooth finish this past week. I've painted the coating a basic white with a low pressure spray gun then sanded with fine sandpaper this week-end. I hope the blue sky will be made on tuesday or wednesday. I cross my fingers...Stay tuned!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire