dimanche 16 février 2020

I'am still alive 2

I'am still around doing some of my own modelling as time permit. But since my last post in mid-2018 many  things, good and bad, took places. What I could call a "good thing" was the fact I've been appointed as editor of two french magazines, one about everything USA called "American Legend", and the other is a model train mag called "Rail Miniature Flash". Quite a lot of work but in two fields of interest for me...



On the modelling side, I've resumed work on my layout beginning with the lighting of the State Street extension with some LED. I've also tried replacing some of my Neon lights with LED ones and I'am pretty satisfied. The downside is that my provider is out of stock of the references needed to re-equip my layout...Damn!
I've received some 1/64 trucks for my potatoe plant. The manufacturer is called NEO and they look like real models, not toys. Not perfect like the Top Shelf Replica Mack in the photo at right but quite good and nearly OK for my era (1948-1952).



From left to right (All three from left are from NEO): a  Peterbilt 351 from 1961, a GMC Cannonball 1954, and a Kenworth Bull Nose 1950. The first two could be backdated to fit a 1951-1952 period as the two models evolved very lightly over the years. The Kenworth is perfect for my era but the Mack is a bit too modern in this fashion with dual front lights. But it's a marvelous model from Top Shelf Replica (a manufacturer maybe out of business) and I'll find a trick to include it in my scheme. I think I'am OK now with the tractors, I'll have to find now some period trailers to fit. Not the easiest task, in fact...Stay tuned.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire